Daily Habits

Thanks to Unsplash for the photo

Daily Habits can be anything from making your bed in the morning to making breakfast for your family. In our Language Arts class, our daily habit was planking. The first week we started with 30 seconds of planking, as the weeks went by we would add 15 seconds to our time till eventually we got all the way to 2m 15s every day. The importance of a daily habit is that you can set these tiny habits like making your bed. Now that they are tiny it is easy to make your bed but that tiny habit will lead to you having a cleaner space, and a cleaner space could help you be happier. So even though it is a tiny action, in the long run, daily habits help you become a better person all around.

For me this was definitely true at the beginning of the challenge. It would be hard to just do a 30 second plank but after being able to go for longer reaching all the way up to 3m 30s, I feel a lot better about myself and what I can do when I am pushed to the limits. So this is why even a tiny habit can make you a better person in ways you didn’t know you could or wanted to. Now that the plank challenge has stopped, I still really like having a daily habit even though sometimes I don’t look forward to it, it will help me become a better person. The habit that I will be doing is going for walks every day, maybe a short walk or a long one. This will help me become a better person in some ways I don’t even know yet, and I hope you will too.