Books……The Blog

Photo by Unsplash

My Reading Preferences

I call myself a reader. I really just adore relaxing with an amazing book. I read because it can take you into this whole other mindset or world. Personally I love reading fiction books, and at least I think that some have the crazy most amazing plot lines and twists. I also love reading because there are no two books that have the same plots or characters so you are always getting something new and different.  The most amazing book that I’ve ever read is called The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Banes. I am still reading but man one day I picked it out randomly from a stack of free books, it isn’t even fiction. Usually my go to genre is fiction but this is just a plain book with no wizards and dragons that looks like a lion. I picked the book up  and thought I would only read for 15 minutes. Two hours later I was half way through the book. I love that feeling when something is so nice and feels easy to read. While yes I do call myself a reader I haven’t always been a reader. I started to love reading when I would find books that interest me and have a captivating story.

As much as I’ve read, sometimes it can be really hard to focus for me. These times are when it is loud. For me it is hard to read when it is loud because I feel like I read the words but don’t comprehend them. Which in turn puts you into an unfortunate situation. The best time for me to read is when it is quiet. It is easy for me to read when it is quiet because you don’t have these distractions that stop you from fully enjoying the books.

For me, whenever I have no new books to read, I love to take suggestions from friends. I love this because I feel like reading a book that they have recommended can be like a little door into what they like and what they think is amazing. Rather than just always reading the same I try to branch out into different book genre.

Another reason I love reading is because I try to take these words in books that personally I would never use and put them into my everyday life cycle. One example of this is in the book The Hired Girl a book that I am reading right now there was a word ZENITH. The people in this book used it to refer to the lowest point of a star constellation. Now that I know this I try to use it to refer to the lowest point of something.

What type of genre do you like  to read and why?